Clary and Liz Hilliard from Hilliard Studio Method here! With the holiday season approaching, we know you want to look and feel your best. Here’s a few of our favorite healthy tips that we use at Hilliard Studio and in our own homes.
• Schedule your workout! Even though you are busy with holiday prep and parties, make time for your workout. Even if it’s only 20 minutes. Schedule it on your calendar whether it’s booking a spot at your favorite Charlotte workout studio location or getting in a quick 20-minute sweat sesh at home.
• Before your party, dig into a bowl of plain yogurt. This will do two things: coat your stomach with billions of gut nourishing probiotics to help absorb the alcohol you are most likely going to drink and keep your appetite in control so that you don’t binge on unhealthy party food.
• Right before you walk out the door, drop and do push-ups until you are close to breaking a sweat. You don’t want to mess up your make-up! This increases blood flow to your muscles giving nice definition to your upper body.
• After you get dressed, highlight your arms and shoulders with body oil. Especially during the winter season when your skin gets a little dull, body oil gives us a glisten!
• Have a great time at your party and remember to stand up straight. Great posture and great arms (plus a bit of bubbly!) will ensure you shine during the holiday season.